Spaces, Documents, Models
- A railOscope-subscription usually consists of one space.
- A space can have several documents
- A document contains one or more models.
- New documents can be created empty or based on a railML data set.
- Documents can then be edited.
- Each document contains an arbitrary number of models.
- Each model contains a consistent set of railway data (timetable, rolling stock, infrastructure).
- The infrastucture of several models is implicitly connected at points with the same line / track / kilometration.
- Models can be exported or imported as JSON or RailML files.
- Documents can be exported or imported as RailMLx files (which is a compressed file that can be unpacked with any unpacking software)
- When a model is changed, a new revision for that model is created.
- The revisions are non-destructive, which means that old revisions can always be accessed and no information is lost.
- Revision 0 is the import revision (if it exists).
- All revisions for a model can be seen in the Revision Browser.